[vtkusers] QVTKWidget + volume misbehavior

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 12 06:42:23 EST 2008

I am doing something as trivial as:

	// record existing spacing
	image->GetSpacing(old_spacing);

	// modify it
	image->SetSpacing(new_spacing);
	image->Modified();

	// refresh display
	vtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->Render();

	// debug
	image->GetSpacing(current_spacing);

which behaves correctly, with current_spacing = new_spacing and my
outline actor responding to the changes.

The moment I call:

	ren1->AddVolume(volume); // volume is representation of image

I can properly see my volume only before calling Render():
current_spacing gets reset back to old_spacing right after.

1) Am I doing something obviously wrong (like I am not allowed to modify
a registered volume)
2) What is caching the original image properties and why?

Thanks for any hints,
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, PhD