[vtkusers] VTKDiCOMImage Reader and QT 4.4.

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Tue Nov 11 13:44:52 EST 2008

Dear All:

  Hopefully, I could get some help from this group list. I have two small qustions:

 1. Before, I have been using and processing pgm file, and could load in all the pgm slices under the same folder at once (using vtkPNMReader). Now, I have just upgraded to VTK 5.2, and want to use VTKDICOMImage Reader to load in all the dicom image at once. But the problem is that the original dicom image has very long name: like "55A92B8DACF957B9CA28E1FEB3CDA877". Could such name be recognized by VTKDicomImageReader. Otherwise, how could I change the name to the format with name order, say, my_dicom.001.dcm, my_dicom.002.dcm,....?

 2. I just installed the QT 4.4 to design a GUI. How could I compile QT with VTK 5.2. Sorry, before I have never used QT to design GUI.

  Thank you.

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY, 40292
U.S.A