[vtkusers] question about "ImageSlicing.cxx"

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:38:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying "ImageSlicing.cxx" to display an "coronal" slice from a volume
(multiple axial slices).

It works well, but there is just a problem.

Information about my axial slices :

SIZE : 512 x 512
SPACING : (1,17188 ; 1,17188)

"REAL" SIZE = 60 cm x 60 cm

Information about the coronal slices that SHOULD be created

SIZE : 512 x 55
SPACING : (1,17188 ; 5)

"REAL" SIZE = 60 cm x 27.5 cm

But the problem is that the image created by "ImageSlicing" has the shape of
a square.
I mean it has the same shape than the axial images.

The representation of the coronal object is correct (good proportions) but
there are 2 black borders (top and down)

Something like that :

+++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++
---CORONAL IMAGE---
---CORONAL IMAGE---
---CORONAL IMAGE---
+++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++

('+' = black)

In fact, I'd like the image to have the *proportion* "60 x 27.5 " (without
any black borders...)

---CORONAL IMAGE---
---CORONAL IMAGE---
---CORONAL IMAGE---

Do you see what I mean ?

I've searched in the methods of vtkImageReslice but I didn't find what I'm
looking for...

Do you have any idea to help me ?

Any help would be appreciated ;-)

Thank you in advance !