[vtkusers] [VtkEdge] VTKEdge volume mapper cannot work with multiple render window?

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 6 10:21:41 EST 2008

>> You are posting to the wrong mailing list. VTKEdge has its own one:

Oh, sorry for this. I'll post VTK related questions to that mailing list from now.

>> I think if it worked with vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D it was by
>> chance. You cannot reuse the same mapper in two different render
>> window. At the OpenGL level a
>> render window is attached to one OpenGL context and each mapper caches
>> some OpenGL resources specific to this OpenGL context.

This is a severe limitation, because if you want to render 2 (or more) views of the volumetric data, you need to allocate it two (or more) times and this is quite prohibitive in most scenario.

Anyway, thanks for the reply,

- AGPX

________________________________
You are posting to the wrong mailing list. VTKEdge has its own one:
http://www.vtkedge.org/vtkedge/help/mailing.html

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:30 AM, AGPX <agpxnet at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried the vtkKWEVolumeMapper to perform volume rendering and it works
> right with only one view (a single render window). But If I try to use the
> same instance of vtkKWEVolumeMapper with two separate Renderer (with two new
> RenderWindow), the application crash. I haven't this problem with
> vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D. Someone can confirm that vtkKWEVolumeMapper
> have this limitation? Any workaround?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - AGPX

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive
                      | Clifton Park NY 12065, USA

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo