[vtkusers] error: invalid conversion from 'GLint*' to 'long int*'

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 4 11:03:47 EST 2008

Carl Trapani wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Yeah, I think you are right. My OpenGL was improperly updated somehow.
> I'm going to wipe my machine and start clean. Have you used Fink
> (http://www.finkproject.org/) for package management on OS X (10.4)?

Yes, that's why I am on this list; I (try to) maintain vtk for Fink.
There are currently 3 vtk-5.2 packages in Fink, with either X11 or
Carbon or Cocoa graphics. For 10.4, however, only the X11 variant is
available, because of the Python bindings : For the Carbon and Cocoa
variants, I want to use the system Python, and Python-2.5, but on 10.4
the system comes only with Python-2.3. They are therefore restricted to
10.5. The X11 variant uses Fink's python-2.5 and is therefore available
for both 10.4 and 10.5.

Since I am not really using vtk myself, I cannot judge how useful these
Fink vtk packages are for a real vtk user. They build and work OK,
however, as far as I can tell.

--
Martin