[vtkusers] error: invalid conversion from 'GLint*' to 'long int*'

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Nov 4 10:27:09 EST 2008

On 11/4/08 9:57 AM, Carl Trapani said:

>Yeah, I think you are right. My OpenGL was improperly updated somehow.

I tend to agree.  And if you do wipe, I suggest installing 10.5, not 10.4.

For interest: in the 10.4 and older SDKs, GLint was typedefed to long.
In the 10.5 SDK, they changed it to int.  In the 32bit Mac OS X ABI, int
and long are the same size, so in a way they changed nothing.  On the 64
bit ABI, int is 32 bit, and long is 64 bit.  So I guess they made the
change because they wanted GLint to always be 32 bit.  Alas, with C++
name mangling the change between int and long is not as equivalent as it
is in C/Obj-C.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com