[vtkusers] release/debug modes in MSVC

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 4 08:33:31 EST 2008

Configuring with cmake, is it possible - other than hacking - to use
Release builds for VTK or PV *and* Debug mode for my own stuff? On linux
I can easily do that (with different CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE's), but on Windows
it seems in order to debug my own stuff I have to compile the whole VTK
/ PV in debug mode, which I dont need/want - this is particularly
annoying with PV long compilation times. Selecting
'Debug' as the build mode looks for libraries in bin\Debug.
Unfortunately, just copying is not smart enough - I get mysterious
crashes tracing back nowhere.

Thanks for any hints,
Dominik