[vtkusers] vtkTrivialProducer issue

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 4 06:57:03 EST 2008

Hi,

I need to create two renderers and show the same dataset (two slices (axial and coronal) of a manually loaded volume) in both, but (as stated in previous post) I can't use vtkTrivialProducer to vtkImageReslice because we can have only one vtkDataObject per vtkTrivialProducer.

So instead of:

        vtkTrivialProducer *tp = vtkTrivialProducer::New();
        tp->SetOutput(volume->GetMapper()->GetDataSetInput());
        imageReslice->SetInputConnection(tp->GetOutputPort());

I solve my problem with this code:

        imageReslice->SetInput(volume->GetMapper()->GetDataSetInput());

but as stated in vtkImageAlgorithm:

  // Set an input of this algorithm. You should not override these
  // methods because they are not the only way to connect a pipeline.
  // Note that these methods support old-style pipeline connections.
  // When writing new code you should use the more general
  // vtkAlgorithm::SetInputConnection().  These methods transform the
  // input index to the input port index, not an index of a connection
  // within a single port.
  void SetInput(vtkDataObject *);
  void SetInput(int, vtkDataObject*);

So, to avoid problem in future, SetInput should not be used. But, how I can use SetInputConnection instead of SetInput, if vtkTrivialProducer cannot be used in this scenario? (Volume is loaded by an external DICOM library and stored in a vtkStructuredPoints object).

Thanks in advance,

- AGPX

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo