[vtkusers] Help!!!!! VtkMarchingCubes::SetValue

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 14:40:00 EDT 2008

Vicky,

In your example, Threshold selects segment label 1 and converts all
voxels to either 0 or 255. Using this pipeline you should always
select the isovalue to be midway between 0 and 255 (127.5). If you
want tosegment label 27 for example, threshold.SetBetween(27,27). But
the isovalue will still be 127.5.

This method of creating surfaces from segemented data is old although
still valid. I would recommend using vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes to
generate surfaces from segmentation labels.

But first, try the value of 127.5 and see how you like the results.

Bill