[vtkusers] Link between ITK and VTK

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue May 20 12:12:48 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 13:29 +0000, C. Hiba wrote:
> Hi everyone. I want to apply ITK functions on VTK objects (like VRML
> 3D images).
>
> Can you tell me how to make the link between ITK and VTK??
>
> Thank you for your help

Include the header from InsightApplications/vtkITK/Common/

#include "vtkITKUtility.h"

Then in your program :

// VTK Export
vtkImageExport * vtk_export = vtkImageExport::New();
vtk_export->SetInputConnection( vtk_source->GetOutputPort() );

// ITK Import
typedef itk::VTKImageImport< D_ImageType > ITKImportType;
ITKImportType::Pointer itk_import = ITKImportType::New();
ConnectPipelines( vtk_export, itk_import );