[vtkusers] 3D morphing of polygonal surface

Andrea Bottino andrea.bottino at polito.it
Thu May 15 13:00:40 EDT 2008

(I apologize for multiple copies, but my previous msg apparently never
reached the list)

one question before reinventing the wheel...
I have to morph a 3D polygonal model into another. I've been able to do
it by constraining a transformation choosing a set of correspondences on
the two surfaces. However, these were selected at hand. I need something
that does the morphing automatically.
I've read that some derivations of the iterative closest point
(considering non affine transformations) does this, however in VTK only
affine transformations are coded. The 3Dmorph test program also was not
of any help.
Does anybody have some suggestions?

--
Andrea Bottino