[vtkusers] Bug in vtkAssembly?

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:34:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to debug some performance problems while using vtk, and
after running it through a profiler (amd code analyst), it seems that
the MTime of objects that are added to a vtkAssembly are changed upon
any rendering (and that reflects in the MTime of the vtkAssembly
itself -- and slow renders as a direct result of that).

The code to reproduce it is attached (python).

Should I open a bug with that? (I'm trying to figure out why that
happens, but I'm not really very used to vtk code -- so, if someone
else is able to take a look at it, it would be great).

Thanks,

Fabio

p.s.: I'm using vtk 5.0.3