[vtkusers] Pick an actor

Philipp Hartl philipp.hartl at bkf.at
Fri May 9 06:20:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

for mouse picking you can start here
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Mouse_Picking

VTK is using a pipeline for visualizing the geometric primitives and
more, so you have to enclose each object you want to pick in a separated
pipeline by a vtkActor. (e.g. vtkPolyData ... -> vtkActor,
vtkUnstructeredGrid ... -> vtkActor, and so on) Each actor can be
picked, certainly if it is added to the rendering pipeline and visible.

Cheers,
Philipp