[vtkusers] kwsys::SystemInformation - header?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 11 09:17:41 EDT 2008

Dean Inglis wrote:
> I see that when VTK builds Utilities/kwsys, it creates a
> foosys namespace (vtksys) and by default, all tools are enabled:
> Process, String etc.  Why is there no SystemInformation.hxx
> header generated in my static vtk build then?  There doesnt
> appear to be any additional cmake configuration settings to
> get this set up.

Actually the default is for no tools to be enabled if KWSys is built
inside another project.  All tools are enabled only if it is built as a
stand-alone project.  When it is inside a project the parent project is
responsible for enabling the components it wants.

The option should be added to the top-level CMakeLists.txt file in VTK.
 There is already a section containing lines like

SET(KWSYS_NAMESPACE vtksys)
SET(KWSYS_USE_Base64 1)
SET(KWSYS_USE_CommandLineArguments 1)
SET(KWSYS_USE_DynamicLoader 1)

Just add a line for SystemInformation:

SET(KWSYS_USE_SystemInformation 1)

You can do this for just your build by adding this line in a
LocalUserOptions.cmake file.

-Brad