[vtkusers] Importing VTK-enriched Setting Into Windows FormApplication

Ogedengbe, Emmanuel emogeden at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 5 14:45:25 EST 2008

Hello,

I was able to avoid the use of CMAKE with the window form application by
importing the VTK binary. However, the sample build output below is
overwhelming, showing up 1371 unresolved externals (link errors):

Linking...
vtkUnstructuredGrid.obj : warning LNK4248: unresolved typeref token
(01000016) for 'vtkSource'; image may not run

vtkRenderer.obj : error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A000325) "public:
class vtkAssemblyNode * __thiscall vtkAssemblyPath::GetLastNode(void)"
(?GetLastNode at vtkAssemblyPath@@$$FQAEPAVvtkAssemblyNode@@XZ)

vtkActor.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A0003B3) "public: class
vtkAssemblyNode * __thiscall vtkAssemblyPath::GetLastNode(void)"
(?GetLastNode at vtkAssemblyPath@@$$FQAEPAVvtkAssemblyNode@@XZ) referenced
in function "public: virtual class vtkActor * __thiscall
vtkActor::GetNextPart(void)" (?GetNextPart at vtkActor@@$$FUAEPAV1 at XZ)
 (?New at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)

vtkSimpleCellTessellator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::Register(class
vtkObjectBase *)" (?Register at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXPAV1@@Z) referenced in
function "public: virtual void __thiscall
vtkSimpleCellTessellator::PrintSelf(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)"
(?PrintSelf at vtkSimpleCellTessellator@@$$FUAEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char
_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)

vtkUnstructuredGrid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::Register(class
vtkObjectBase *)" (?Register at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXPAV1@@Z)

C:\Documents and Settings\emogeden\Source
Code\WFTwoStreams\WFA-TwoStreams\Debug\WFA-TwoStreams.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 1371 unresolved externals

Any idea towards resolving these externals will be appreciated. Thanks,

Emmanuel