[vtkusers] Planes intersection

Alvaro Bertelsen alvaro.bertelsen at csc.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:30:02 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I used VTK some time ago (so I am not new to it) and now I need to work with
it again. I need to ask a question which may be a bit obvious to more
experienced users. Anyway. basically, I need to compute the equation of a
line, defined as the intersection of two planes. I have the plane equations
available, so I want to know if there is a straightforward way to compute
this using the vtk classes. I looked into the vtkImplicitBoolean class, but
it is not clear if it allows to extract the line equation if two planes are
added to it and the operation is set to intersection.

Any help will be welcome.

Regards,

--

Alvaro Bertelsen