[vtkusers] Dynamic scene

Torsten Wilhelm torsten.wilhelm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 16:09:00 EDT 2008

Hello,
I want to use vtk in a real time application to visualize a scene with
dynamic objects. (Its a gaze tracker and I want to visualize the
persons head and gaze vectors pointing to some objects. So in every
frame I have to change the position of the persons head and the gaze
vectors.)
The thing is, that the renderer seems to render each time I change
some actor (e.g. to move the head around) without that I call the
render window´s render() function myself. Is that behavior wanted?
I wand to change my scene (head and gaze) and react on mouse events in
the window to change the viewport. Like it is now, it renders more
often than necessary and slows down the application considerably. I
want to have full control on when rendering is done.
/Torsten