[vtkusers] Default coordinate system for vtkPolyData !

M.Salman at surrey.ac.uk M.Salman at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:38:08 EST 2008

Once again thanks for your reply Amy.Perhaps you could help me a bit more.I am trying to represent the coordinates of  vertices in my vtp model in terms of  "rotation invariant" basis so that the new coordinate values don't change when a model is rotated.

I pick up three point A,B and C using the point Ids of the model and use them to define this "rotation invariant "basis S.
vector X= vector AB cross vector AC
vector Y= vector X cross vector AB

now AB, X and Y define new orthogonal basis. These basis should be rotation invariant because the basis undergo the same rotation as any of the points does.If coordinates(world coordinates presumably)of all the vertices in the model are described in terms to these basis vectors and then the model is rotated,these new transformed coordinates must not change.But when I do it practically, they do change.

Is there anything wrong with the logic ?

I am really stuck with this.

Best Regards,
- Salman