[vtkusers] reading facet normals with vtkSTLReader: possible?

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jan 9 10:01:59 EST 2008

Dear All,

I have VTK 4.4 (I like the original vtkDecimate, the only one that preserves topology: can't understand why not included in subsequent releases). I would like to find out if there is a version of vtkSTLReader that reads facet normals. What I see so far does not appear to. Would there be an easy fix?

Please advise. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Semmelweisstraße 14
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09