[vtkusers] Problems with vtkAVIWriter

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:27:10 EST 2008

Christina,

Not sure if this is the problem, but in some code I have I don't call
SetInput() in my for loop. I just modify the pixel buffer and call
write(), and it works ok. Something like:

vtkImageData pImgBuffer = vtkImageData::New();
m_pAVIWriter = vtkAVIWriter::New();
m_pAVIWriter->SetInput(pImgBuffer);
m_pAVIWriter->SetFileName("movie.avi");
m_pAVIWriter->Start();

for (int i = 0; i < numFramesYouWant; i++) {
     // Just modify pImgBuffer instead of calling setInput again...
     drawIntoImgBuffer(pImgBuffer);

     // then call write.
     m_pAVIWriter->Write();
}