[vtkusers] Creating an image from multiple layers

Oliver Kania ptw.freiburg at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:24:28 EST 2008

Hello,

since we really depend on a solution to this problem,
I am posting another message that hopefully describes it
better.
I do have multiple layers:
1st layer showing a greyscale Image
2nd layer showing Iso-Lines
3rd layer consists of axes drawn by PolyDataMapper2D

I need to produce an image from these, which would mean either
1. offscreen-rendering or
2. Creating an image from every layer and blending the image.

Solution 1. has the problem that I need the offscreen-window and the
greyscale-Image to fit exactly. The offscreen window must have the same
resolution as the image.

Solution 2. is the one we would prefer, but I do not know how to do the
image conversion
of the layers two and three.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,