[vtkusers] How to save a vtkPolyData in PNG files and load a volume from a series of PNG files ?

Matthieu Duvinage matthieu.duvinage at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:40:46 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

For a project, I'm looking for a way to save a volume from the output of
a vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter in a series of PNG files. In fact, the PNG
reader and writer don't seem to allow this functionality. So, I would
like to know whether it is possible in VTK and how in the right case.

However, I have seen some functions in the ITK librairy,
itkSeriesReader. Is the transformation from an ITK image into a VTK
image easy ? and how to compute that ?

I hope I hear soon from you.

Best regards

Matthieu Duvinage