[vtkusers] Cannot open with vtkTIFFReader 32 bit TIFFs.

D_E D_E at Ukr.net
Thu Aug 28 06:05:35 EDT 2008

Here is the sample image: http://efa.hotbox.ru/temp/sm_32b.tif
And here is its 8bit version: http://efa.hotbox.ru/temp/sm_8b.tif

32bit TIFF can be opened/saved with ImageJ, and such images I write with VTK. But oppening with VTK is not working. :(

Thank you very much for answering!

>   Where can I download such an image ?

> thx

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM, D_E <D_E at ukr.net> wrote:
>> Dear Vtk Users,

>> I'm trying to load 32 bit TIFF (type float or real) with vtkTIFFReader. It  show me right data dimensions and data type, but I cannot get any data from this reader. When I'm opening the same file with vtkImageReader2  with corresponding skipping of header - everything is OK. When I'm using the same vtkTIFFReader pipeline for 8 bit data - everithing is OK too. The 32 bit TIFFs are generated with ImageJ program or vtkTIFFWriter. I'm using VTK 5.0.3 under Windows XP with Borland Turbo C++.

>> Here is an example of pipeline:

>> vtkTIFFReader *inpImag2 = vtkTIFFReader::New();
>>  inpImag2->SetFileName("pic.tif");
>>  inpImag2->Update();
>>  inpImag2->UpdateWholeExtent();
>> vtkImageData *Im->DeepCopy(inpImag2->GetOutput());

>> The data in the image is empty.
>> As I said if I use the same pipeline with vtkImageReader2 adding information about DataExtent and HeaderSize - it is working!
>> Unfortunately header can be placed anywhere in TIFF, so I really need to use proper TIFF reader, but it is not working. :(

>> Can somebody advise me how to make it work?
>> Thank you!

>> Best regards,
>> D_E.

С уважением,
 D_E                          mailto:D_E at Ukr.net