[vtkusers] Writing MultiBlock datasets

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Apr 16 09:30:54 EDT 2008

You don't have to "get the output" from a vtkMultiBlockDataSet.
vtkMultiBlockDataSet is itself the dataobject that can be set as the
input to a filter/writer.

To reiterate Amy, try:

vtkMultiBlockDataSet* mb = vtkMultiBlockDataSet::New();
vtkXMLCompositeDataWriter* mbw = vtkXMLCompositeDataWriter::New();
mbw->SetInput(mb); // directly set "mb" as the input no need to do
		   // somethign like mb->GetOutput().

Utkarsh

Renato N. Elias wrote:

> yes, in fact, it was my first try. The problem is that I don't know how
> to get the output from vtkMultiBlockDataSet. How should
> classvtkXMLCompositeDataWriter and vtkMultiBlockDataSet be connected?
>
> Renato.
>>

>> Have you tried calling mbw->SetInput(mb)?
>>
>> - Amy
>>
>> Renato N. Elias wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> does anybody could give me a hand in writing a vtkMultiBlockDataSet.
>>> I saw there's a  vtkXMLCompositeDataWriter
>>> <http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkXMLCompositeDataWriter.html#f2b96e41718dcb0bc93db39ad82675ad>
>>> and a derived vtkXMLMultiBlockDataWriter
>>> <http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkXMLMultiBlockDataWriter.html>
>>> the problem is that I can't do something like:
>>>
>>> // creating a multiblock object
>>> vtkMultiBlockDataSet* mb= vtkMultiBlockDataSet::New();
>>>
>>> // Assign some stuffs
>>> mb->SetBlock(0, ???)
>>> mb->SetBlock(1, ???)