[vtkusers] VTK export to ParaView

bernhard peters bernhard.peters at uni.lu
Fri Sep 28 03:46:37 EDT 2007

Dear all,

For visualisation vtk*Source objects  such as cylinder, cube etc in Paraview I use export of polygonal data to a file. This file is readable from Paraview.

However, I want to transfer as well properties of these geometries such as position, orientation and solid colour, which are associated in VTK by a mapper, from VTK to ParaView.

Please could someone give me a hint how I can export these geometries including position, orientation and solid colour. That would be great.

Thanks

Bernhard

Bernhard Peters

Université du Luxembourg