[vtkusers] no image in X-Win32 ??

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Sat Sep 22 06:11:51 EDT 2007

Hi Jack,

okay, this simply means that there are no glx tools installed on your server
machine and this does not have to be a problem in the first place. OpenGL
(or, respectively, Mesa) should be in place on your server, otherwise VTK
would not even start or provide you with the appropiate error messages. The
only idea left I can support you with is to check the server's GL
capabilities by other tools. Install/compile something simple like glxgears
directly on the server and check whether this is running smoothly through
your X-Win32 xserver. MAybe your server's configured to provide only
offscreen rendering. In that case, I'd assume that your're badly out of luck.

By the way, what's the OS your server's running on? I might provide help in
identifying the problem on Linux or FreeBSD, but my knowledge on OpenGL
issues on other platforms in rather limited.

Regards
 Hendrik