[vtkusers] vtkImageShiftScale with vtkDICOMImageReader

CLEMENTS, ROBERT rclement at kent.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:22:36 EDT 2007

Hello all, i am trying to use vtkDICOMImageReader then vtkImageShiftScale .  If i set  vtkImageShiftScale's ouput to unsignedshort my data looks fine, however if i set the output to unsignedchar my data gets distorted in some manner.  I attached 2 images displaying the problem.  Anybody know what my problem is, and how to address this to make the unsignedchar output closely match the unsignedshort output?

much obliged
Rob