[vtkusers] Linear interpolation as implemented by vtkImageReslice

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:48:09 EDT 2007

Out of curiousity, I checked to see what the GIMP does when it expands an
image by 2.0.  Turns out that it duplicates the topmost row and the leftmost
column of the image, i.e. it's new x values are [0, 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, ...]

I tried ImageMagick, and it uses [0, 0.25, 0.75, 1.25, 1.75, ...] which avoids
duplication of the first row and column but which blurs sharp edges more
than the gimp does.

  David