[vtkusers] help to read DICOM image

J.S.Wijnhout at lumc.nl J.S.Wijnhout at lumc.nl
Wed Sep 19 02:49:19 EDT 2007

> Thanx for the answer, but i still can't get what i want..
> Do you mean like this??
>
> void main()
> {
>  vtkMedicalImageReader2*reader=vtkMedicalImageReader2::New();
>  reader->SetFileName("image.dcm");
>
>  //
>  reader->Update();

Indeed, however I'm using the vtkDICOMImageReader. The
vtkMedicalImageReader2
is a parent class (according to the documentation) and has only one
implementation:
vtkGESignaReader (I'm talking about Vtk 5.0). It may very well be that
an instantiation of vtkMedicalImageReader2 does nothing, which suprises
me really. Perhaps there will be
more implementations of vtkMedicalImageReader2 in a next version of Vtk.

best,
Jeroen