[vtkusers] visualizing scattering of random points

Patrick Birch lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:21:08 EDT 2007

Ah yes okay - I am still using VTK 4.2 which is why I did not see it..

I will switch to the latest one then..!

Thank-you for your help!

-PB

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:07:51 +1000
From: andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] visualizing scattering of random points

No if you read the recent documentation, vtkParticleReader will read text or binary files, it will also read an associated scalar value.

I generally create a little program using this that reads the particles (points) and outputs them to a format recognized by VTK or ParaView eg. the .vtp format.

Alternatively, there is a .csv reader in ParaView (which I haven't used).

Alternatively create a PolyData structure yourself and load the data into it
Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems