[vtkusers] What Is Off-Screen ?

Sylvain Jaume sylvain.jaume at kitware.com
Tue Sep 18 11:53:09 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

Read this thread from Francois Bertel to know if offscreen is supported
by your card:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-September/092480.html

Note that 'glxinfo' was missing in the message. The message must read:
"
To check the available extensions on your system:

* Under Linux, check the list of extensions with command line *glxinfo*
* Under MacOSX, with Xcode installed, Macintosh
HD->Developer->Applications->Graphic Tools->OpenGL Driver
Monitor.app->Monitors->Renderer Info-><name of the OpenGL
driver>->OpenGL Extensions
* Under Windows, you can download and use GLview
http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview
"

Offscreen rendering has nothing to do with any mapper. But internally,
the volume mapper uses some intermediate framebuffer object.

About the volume mapper itself (from yesterday), the following
extensions are required:

* OpenGL>=1.3 (for clamd_edge extension and multitexture)
* OpenGL>=2.0 or GL_ARB_draw_buffers
* extension GL_ARB_fragment_program
* extension GL_ARB_vertex_program
* extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
* extension GL_ATI_texture_float or GL_ARB_texture_float

Optional extension:
* OpenGL>=1.5 or GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object

Sincerely,
Sylvain
PS: Please keep your messages on vtkusers mailing list.