[vtkusers] Validating the interpolation algorithms

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:03:51 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I have a need where I need to validate the interpolation algorithms
implemented in VTK. I was thinking that maybe I could generate some
synthetic images which should give a pre-defined output and than run these
algorithms. I was hoping that the validation could be visual...i.e. the
algorithms should output some known pattern that can be identified visually
quite easily.

Can someone please recommend what kind of input would make sense to do such
a validation especially for linear and tri-cubic interpolation...

Would really appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thanks,
Luca