[vtkusers] vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Sep 14 13:46:41 EDT 2007

On 9/15/07 1:28 AM, Feng Ding said:

>I'm using VTK 5.0.3. vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor supports VTK 4.0 and
>later, according to its README file. However, it does not mention
>whether VTK should be built to use Cocoa or Carbon. I'll try to build
>it to use Carbon, and update you later. Thanks.

Well, if vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor is meant to work with VTK 5 using
Cocoa, then I think it might have a bug in
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor::draw(), I'm not sure it is passing the
right kind of object when it calls SetWindowId() and SetDisplayId().
IIRC, SetWindowId() and SetDisplayId() changed meaning in VTK Cocoa
between 4.x and 5.x.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com