[vtkusers] interpolation by vtk

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Sep 13 12:23:49 EDT 2007

Probe filter needs cells with some extent to interpolate within. For each
output point, the filter finds out what input cell contains it, thereby
discovering what input points need to be interpolated. Then it does a
weighted interpolation of those points (the cell's points specifically). In
your case the output point doesn't know what input values to try
interpolating.

You could construct cells from your point data (perhaps with Delaunay) and
then use the probe filter.
cheers
Dave DeMarle