[vtkusers] SetLineWidth problem

Sam Preston jsam at sci.utah.edu
Tue Sep 11 17:20:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a subclass of vtkPolyDataAlgorithm that draws some lines in 3D
for me, and I would like to have them drawn with a different line
width.  I was trying to change the line witdth using:

    this->actor->GetProperty()->SetLineWidth(width);

I'm using a vtkPolyDataMapper and vtkActor in the rendering process.

But it hasn't been working for me.  I'm pretty sure I'm using OpenGL
rendering in all my VTK code (I even changed all my classes to
vtkOpenGLWhatever to make sure), but setting the line width doesn't
seem to have any effect.

I tried grep-ing the vtk source for glLineWidth, and only found it in
the vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper2D class -- is the line width property
ignored for lines rendered in the 3D scene?

Thanks for any help,
-Sam