[vtkusers] Marching Cubes cases table / Ambiguity problems

Enkelejda Tafaj lejda at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 04:16:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

does anyone know where to find the lookup table (cases tables) used in
the marching cubes algorithm? I'm wondering is there are ambiguity
problems in the vtk marching cubes implementation. Btw which marching
cubes algorithm is implemented in vtk (the original one, marching cubes
33, ...?)

I am generating an isosurface from a 3d dataset. Here I am calculating
the contour "around" very thin structures. Uses marching cubes is
generating holes in the surface, which doesn't seem to be topologically
correct.

Thank you for your help.

Enkelejda