[vtkusers] Re: vtk+ point cloud reconstructiong

sai pritham pritham1002 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 30 19:48:11 EDT 2007

Hi ,
   I have a task of generating a surface from point data set. I have text file containing x y and z coordinates.

The link mentioned in this email

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20060526/257e3317/ReconstructSurface.obj

doesn't seem to work.

The following snippet seems to be wrong with the code

int iNo = points->GetNumberOfPoints();
for (int i=0; iInsertNextCell(1,&i);
data->SetPolys(polys);
polys->Delete();

Could some one please help me with getting the proper code.

I have done the following modification to the code

int iNo = points->GetNumberOfPoints();
for (int i=0; i<iNo;i++)
{
	iInsertNextCell(1,&i);
	data->SetPolys(polys);
}
polys->Delete();

The result is that i get a arbitrary surface and at an offset distrance from the cloud of points.

What i needed is the surface to be generated out of these points.

Thanks a lot for your time

Could some one modify the code and help me in  getting the surface at the proper location

Thanks
Sai