[vtkusers] vtk 5.0.3 and Tcl 8.4

Jim Harsh jharsh at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 30 10:24:30 EDT 2007

I'm trying to use VTK after a long hiatus and have installed the
latest releases, vtk 5.0.3 with tcl8.4 on my Win XP box. When I click
on a .tcl file, the vtk.exe command window opens but I get an error
box stating that "This application has failed to start because
tcl84.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this
problem." It didn't, I tried reinstalling vtk and tcl/tk. What
environment variables should be define? TC_LIBRARY, TCLLIBPATH are
both pointing to the folder where tcl84.dll is residing.
I looked in the FAQ and it talks about "fixes" to the ccmake process
but states that it only for VTK 4.2 and the fixes will not be
required for future releases.

What did I miss?

Thanks,
Jim