[vtkusers] lights

Alessio Balzide mail_di_ale at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 29 18:10:08 EDT 2007

yes, I do add the light to the renderer (sorry, I forgot to write that line in my previous email..) but it doesn't work..

Marc Cotran <marc at cotran.ca> ha scritto:        Did you add the light to the renderer? Try myRenderer->AddLight(light1);

 hth

 Marc

 Alessio Balzide wrote: hallo everybody!
 I've set a light in my program, in this way:
   vtkLight *light1 = vtkLight::New();
   light1->SetPosition(x,y,z);
   light1->SetColor(1.0,1.0,1.0);

 but it doesn't illuminate the scene.. (I want to illuminate an actor representing an isosurface, but it always looks black :(  )

 what could be wrong?
 should I set any other paramater?
 or may be the face-culling is off? (how can I correct it?)
 or what else?

 thanks a lot
 Ale