[vtkusers] Maximum and minimum intensity blend in

T.R.Shashwath trshash at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:48:29 EDT 2007

On Thursday 25 Oct 2007 9:12:22 pm Michael Knopke wrote:
> Hi Shashwatch,
>

> Seems like work on the 3D texture mapper has been stopped, at least no one
> is interested in MIP blending, don't know why.
>
> As I wrote, this file was only meant as an example, because I used it for
> other stuff too (testing). Also, there was a change in how OpenGL
> Extensions are called now, so I needed to tweak mine as well.
>
> By the way, if you compare hardware MIP and Raycast MIP you'll see  a
> difference in intensity, which is a general problem of this mapper, not
> only for MIP. (just compare normal VRT, you'll see the same intensity
> problem)
>
> Regards,
>

> Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, I had noticed the differences in intensity, but I'd put it down to bad
color tables on my part, and never really looked deep into it. Also, I
assumed that I'd done something wrong while activating hardware MIP.

Maybe we (and other interested people) could pool in a little effort in
getting the hardware MIP to work? I want it badly enough that I'm prepared to
spend some free time developing it.

Regards,

Shash