[vtkusers] Illumination problem in polydata actor generated with vtkOBJReader

Marcelo Amati marcelo.amati at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:11:31 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I can`t see with good illumination 2 actors in the same renderer:

Actor 1: actor generated from a polydata created with vtkMarchingCubes.
Actor 2: actor generated from a polydata read from a wavefront file (.obj read with vtkOBJReader).

When I put all in the same renderer the actor 2 is shown too dark. I can see only the actor 1!

In order to solve this, I tried 2 approaches without success:

Approach 1: Use of vtkLight
When I use vtkLight, the actor 2 can be seen, but the actor 1 becomes too clean.

Approach 2: Use of vtkPolydataNormals in polydata of actor 2
When I use vtkPolydataNormals filter in polydata of actor 2, I can see both correctly in the same renderer. However the resulting polydata loses a lot of polygons! The polygons mesh becomes too bad...

Does someone know how to solve this problem???

Thanks!
Marcelo