[vtkusers] Sphere with reticle

James Kyle krunk7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:25:57 EDT 2007

Thank you for your reply,

Here's the idea, I have a plain sphere being rendered. The sphere
will move on 6 DoF (got some input for that). What I need is some
sort of visual indicator that the sphere has moved. I was thinking a
simple black cross hairs on the sphere surface would do the trick.

I checked out the vtkBoxWidget, but it looks a bit overkill with
emphasis on user manipulation and interaction.

I've attached a file to show the simplicity of what I'm trying to
describe...cept the attachment is 2d image rather then 3D sphere.