[vtkusers] [VTK 5.0.3, CMake 2.4 P7, Parallels 3.0 emul. XP Pro 2002 SP2, cl cmplr furnished w/ MSVC++ XprssEd. 8.0] missing user32.lib

Shekhar Chandra Shekhar.Chandra at sci.monash.edu.au
Wed Oct 24 01:39:44 EDT 2007

Hi David

I assume you've done step 4 in
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa700755.aspx>

I find it best to run cmake from the Visual Studio Command Prompt which
needs to be setup with the Lib path etc. You can set it up by editing
the batch file it calls. Check the properties of the link in Start menu.
I would tell you the exact file, but I don't have a windows machine
where I'm atm.

It'll have bits like:

set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0\VC\INCLUDE;%INCLUDE%
set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0\VC\LIB;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Lib;%LIB%
set LIBPATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0

Note the LIB and INCLUDE will be very different in your case. C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0 is what the Vista SDK installs to,
replace it with the R2 SDK path. And also place the compiler (VC)
include and lib paths.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Shakes