[vtkusers] how to get the details about the object created by vtk sources?

Toron J. ji_wi at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 17:36:59 EDT 2007

Thanks, Shriram.

I do know how to read 'cone->GetOutput()->GetPoints()' you suggested. So I tired to add the below codes.
  vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
    points = cone->GetOutput()->GetPoints();

  vtkCellArray *indexes = vtkCellArray::New();
    indexes = cone->GetOutput()->GetPoints();
They did work. Could you correct them or let me know any example like this?

Toron

Shriram Iyer <shriram.uc at gmail.com> wrote: Use cone->GetOutput()->GetPoints() to get the vertices.

Shriram

On 10/22/07, Toron J. <ji_wi at yahoo.com > wrote:Hi All,

I used the following codes to build a simple cone.
  vtkConeSource *cone = vtkConeSource::New();
      cone->SetHeight( 3.0 );
      cone->SetRadius( 1.0 );
      cone->SetResolution( 6 );

  vtkPolyDataMapper *coneMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
      coneMapper->SetInput( cone->GetOutput() );

http://mail.yahoo.com