[vtkusers] compiling under Microsoft Visual C++ Codename "Orcas" (howto kind of)

Nick Edgington nickedgington at apparitionresearch.com
Mon Oct 22 15:40:02 EDT 2007

I just got the nightly from Oct 22 to correctly and run with the following
steps

1)      Ran CMake and selected the  VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB ,  on the
vtkmpeg2encode lib selected the MSVC version 6

2)      Ran CMake and selected the  VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB to be on enabling
MPG2_ENCODER on the main tree, also using MSVC version 6

3)      Put two paths in for the vtkmpeg2encode header, one ended up the
same dir as the libraries  (a personal problem not related to Orcas)

4)       Orcas convert the programs to the newer format, this has to be done
each time you run CMake.

5)      Added a define to LIBXML.H it could not find _vsnprintf

#define _vsnprintf  vsnprintf   // I am not sure this is correct but at
least it compiles.

6)      I had some issues with the data files not being in the right place,
also a personal problem

Final I used the files from the VTKData dir (case matters)

7)      There was some grumbling on the part of the various test routine
because the compiler version did not match.

   There were also a number of test failures but I got enough working to
make it usable.

  35 - Mace (Failed)

  36 - expCos (Failed)

  38 - CellLocator (Failed)

  39 - PointLocator (Failed)

  40 - FrustumClip (Failed)

  41 - RGrid (Failed)

  43 - TestClipHyperOctree (Failed)

  45 - TestDelaunay2D (Failed)

  46 - TestExtraction (Failed)

  47 - TestExtractSelection (Failed)

  48 - TestHyperOctreeContourFilter (Failed)

  49 - TestHyperOctreeCutter (Failed)

  50 - TestHyperOctreeDual (Failed)

  51 - TestHyperOctreeSurfaceFilter (Failed)

  52 - TestHyperOctreeToUniformGrid (Failed)

  54 - BoxClipPolyData (Failed)

  55 - BoxClipTetrahedra (Failed)

  56 - BoxClipTriangulateAndInterpolate (Failed)

  58 - TestHierarchicalBoxPipeline (Failed)

  59 - TestMultiBlock (Failed)

  60 - TestUnstructuredGridGeometryFilter (Failed)

  61 - UnstructuredGridGradients (Failed)

  62 - UnstructuredGridCellGradients (Failed)

  64 - TestGenericDataSetTessellator (Failed)

  65 - TestGenericGeometryFilter (Failed)

  66 - TestGenericGlyph3DFilter (Failed)

  67 - TestGenericContourFilter (Failed)

  68 - TestGenericClip (Failed)

  69 - TestGenericCutter (Failed)

  70 - TestGenericProbeFilter (Failed)

  71 - TestGenericStreamTracer (Failed)

  72 - TestSmoothErrorMetric (Failed)

  73 - TestViewDependentErrorMetric (Failed)

  74 - ImportExport (Failed)

  80 - TestHyperOctreeIO (Failed)

  86 - LoadOpenGLExtension (Failed)

  89 - TestOpacity (Failed)

  90 - TestTextureRGBA (Failed)

  91 - TestTStripsColorsTCoords (Failed)

  92 - TestTStripsNormalsColorsTCoords (Failed)

  93 - TestTStripsNormalsTCoords (Failed)

  94 - TestTStripsTCoords (Failed)

  95 - TestAreaSelections (Failed)

  97 - HomogeneousRayIntegration (Failed)

  98 - LinearRayIntegration (Failed)

  99 - PartialPreIntegration (Failed)

 100 - PreIntegrationIncremental (Failed)

 101 - PreIntegrationNonIncremental (Failed)

 102 - TestFinalColorWindowLevel (Failed)

 103 - TestHAVSVolumeMapper (Failed)

 104 - TestMinIntensityRendering (Failed)

 105 - TestProjectedTetrahedra (Failed)

 106 - volProt (Failed)

 107 - X3DTest (Failed)

 108 - TestAddStencilData (Failed)

 109 - TestSubtractStencilData (Failed)

 110 - BoxWidget (Failed)

 111 - TestImplicitPlaneWidget (Failed)

 112 - TestOrientationMarkerWidget (Failed)

 113 - TestParallelopipedWidget (Failed)

 114 - ImagePlaneWidget (Failed)

 115 - TestSurfaceConstrainedHandleWidget (Failed)

 116 - TestPolygonalRepresentationHandleWidget (Failed)

 117 - TestImageTracerWidget (Failed)

 118 - TestLineWidget (Failed)

 119 - TestOrthoPlanes (Failed)

 120 - TestPlaneWidget (Failed)

 121 - TestPointWidget (Failed)

 122 - TestScalarBarWidget (Failed)

 123 - TestSplineWidget (Failed)

 125 - TestHandleWidget (Failed)

 126 - TestDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath (Failed)

 128 - Infovis-TestExtractSelectedGraph (Failed)

 129 - Infovis-TestGraphAlgorithms (Failed)

 130 - Infovis-TestGraphHierarchicalBundle (Failed)

 136 - Infovis-TestTreeMapLayoutStrategy (Failed)

 143 - Infovis-TestTreeMapViewer (Failed)

 144 - Views-TestRenderView (Failed)

 145 - Views-TestGraphLayoutView (Failed)

 146 - Views-TestTreeLayoutView (Failed)

 147 - Views-TestTreeMapView (Failed)

 148 - Example-vtkLocal (Failed)

 149 - Example-vtkMy (Failed)