[vtkusers] Opacity and Depth Sort problem in Java and C++

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 21:20:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm really hunged up with the problem of wrong multiple actors depth sort in
VTK.

I used to use VTK with Java wrapping, and there I never got that problem,
but since I passed my program to C++, I couldn't make that to work properly.
The actors only are in the right depth order if they are all opaque. If the
opacity in any of the objects is < 1.0, then this specific object is
rendered in front of the others, even if these ones are all opaque.

I read some vtkusers emails, and I still can't make the order correctly all
the time. And what amazed me at most was that fact, that it was actually
working just fine in Java.

Does anyone has any experience in solving this problem in C++? And why it
works fine in Java?
Thanks in advance.
--
Dário Oliveira