[vtkusers] Application crashes with large image data

Meisam Aliroteh meisam.aliroteh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 21:14:06 EDT 2007

Hi Marcelo,

Based on your email I assumed that you are running on Windows OS. Eventhough
you have 2Gb of RAM not all of it is considered as free memory (I think
Windows XP consumes around 500Mb). If you have Windows XP or Vista, the
default value of Virtual memory is around 1.5Gb. I don't know if this is
going to help or not but you might want to give it a shot:

1) Go to Control Panel and double-click on SYSTEM icon to get the "System
Properties" window
2) Click on ADVANCED tab and under "Performance" click the "Settings" button
to get the "Performance Options" dialog
3) Again click on ADVANCED tab and under "Virtual Memory" click the "Change"
button.
4) Select the drive on which Windows is installed (usually C:)
5) Pick "Custom Size" and put 4092 for the initial and maximum values
6) *press the SET button* and then press the ok button (press the ok button
on all remaining windows)
7) reboot your system

You should now have 4Gb of VIRTUAL memory which *MIGHT* help with this
issue.

good luck and if you figure out another fix for this, please post your fix
for others to know as well.