[vtkusers] vtkCaptionActor2D Segmentation Fault

Jake Nickel jake.nickel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:51:08 EDT 2007

I recently updated my workstation from SuSE 10.1 to openSuSE 10.3 and have
since realized that an old, simple program using a vtkCaptionActor2D no
longer works.  It throws a Segmentation Fault when the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor attempts to Initialize( ).  Does anyone have any
insight into how to fix my problem?  I've recompiled VTK many times with
different build types (Release, Debug) and different versions (5.0, 5.3) but
I still get the same error.  Another machine in our lab also converted to
openSuSE 10.3 and the program still runs fine on it.  However, this is a
64-bit machine, whereas mine is 32-bit.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  I apologize if I haven't been
specific enough, let me know if any additional details would be helpful.

Thanks!
-Jake