[vtkusers] about vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D

tuo zhang zhangtuo123 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Oct 18 04:58:53 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have 2 questions about vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D:

1. "This mappers currently supports:
one component, or two or four non-independent
components", but I don't know what does "component"
mean here

2. I used vtkVolumeMapper3D in my program, and the
quality it produced seems worse than the
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper method, although much faster.
I've heard that it's because the VTK only supports
8-bit per texture3d unit? so is there a lastest
version to do it better?

Thanks!

                           Jedi  07/10/18