[vtkusers] Visualising data on a uniform grid

burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Wed Oct 17 07:46:18 EDT 2007

Hi,
Did you know about vtkUniformGrid class? It is ideal for data specified
on a uniform cartesian grid, and it supports blanking. take a look

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/a02137.html

As for the vector visualization, maybe you could use a lookup table
creating the color entries based on the vector components? Or would
coloring a scalar field by the vector's magnitude be good enough? I am
sure someone else here will have some better idea in this regard.

--
Burlen Loring
Information Technologist III